If you have applied for an Indian visa, you may be curious about the status of your application. Also, checking the status of your Indian visa application can provide you with important information about the progress of your application. Including whether it has been approved or rejected. In this article, we will explore how to check the status of your Indian visa application and what you can do if you encounter any issues.
Online Status Check
One of the easiest and most convenient ways to check the status of your Indian visa application is through the online visa application website. Here’s how to check your status online:
- Visit the Indian visa application website.
- Click on the “Visa Status” tab.
- Enter your application ID, passport number, and date of birth.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Your visa status will be displayed on the screen.
However, If you provided an email address during your visa application. You will receive an email from the Indian visa processing center informing you of the status of your visa application. This email will include a link that you can follow to check your application status online.
If you provided a mobile phone number during your visa application. You can receive updates on your application status via SMS. But, the Indian visa processing center will send you a text message with your visa application status.
You can also check the status of your Indian visa application by calling the Indian visa processing center. Also, the phone number for the visa processing center can be found on the Indian visa applications website. But, when you call, be sure to have your passport number and application ID handy.
What Do the Different Statuses Mean?
When you check the status of your Indian visa application. You may encounter several different status messages. However, Here’s what each of these status messages means:
- Application Received: This means that your application has been received by the Indian visa processing center and is being processed.
- Under Processing: This means that your application is currently being reviewed by the visa processing center.
- Decision Made: This means that a decision has been made on your visa application. If your visa has been approved, you will receive instructions on how to proceed. If your visa has been rejected, you will receive information on why it was rejected.
- Dispatched: This means that your visa has been processed and is being dispatched to you. You will receive your visa within a few days.
What to Do if Your Application Status is Delayed
If your visa application status is delayed or you haven’t received any updates. There may be several reasons why. But, these reasons can include a high volume of applications, technical issues, or incomplete documentation.
If you are experiencing a delay in your application status. It is best to contact the Indian visa processing center directly. Also, you can do this by email or phone, depending on the contact details provided on the visa application website.
In conclusion, checking the status of your Indian visa applications is a simple and straightforward process. That can be done online, via email or SMS, or by phone. Also, by understanding what each status message means, you can stay informed about the progress of your visa application. In case of any delays or issues, don’t hesitate to contact the Indian visa processing center for assistance.