CDS Chlorine Dioxide

Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) is a yellow-green gas that kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It is widely used in water disinfection and odor control applications and is also a safe and effective sanitizer for food-contact surfaces and equipment.

CDS chlorine Dioxide is a bleaching and disinfectant solution manufactured to the highest standards of safety and purity using a process of electrolysis. It removes bacteria, legionella, viruses, fungi, and mites from water.

This product is a solution of 0.3 ml per bottle dissolved in 100 ml water. It is a ready-to-use product, suitable for emergencies or adventure holidays in well-developed areas and when camping.

Unlike chlorine, which can cause bio-accumulation in the soil, chlorine dioxide does not produce harmful, environmentally-undesirable chemicals called trihalomethanes. It is also much less corrosive to equipment and won’t add toxic deposits to the environment.

As a disinfectant, chlorine dioxide is effective at low concentrations and quickly kills bacteria. As a result, it is an excellent alternative to sanitizers with more potent activity, such as chlorine bleach or bromide. It is beneficial for disinfecting equipment, such as gastrointestinal endoscopes and catheters, that may contain microbes.

It is also an effective sanitizer of hard, non-porous surfaces such as glass, plastic, metal, and ceramics. In addition, it is more effective than oxidants and antimicrobials at killing bacteria that have evolved resistance to chemical or radiation disinfection.

The EPA supports the replacement of chlorine with chlorine dioxide because it is an environmentally preferred substitute that eliminates chlorine’s weaknesses and detriments, including the production of undesirable pollutants such as trihalomethanes and other chlorinated organic compounds. It also has several other beneficial characteristics, such as being safer than chlorine and reducing the risk of exposure to toxic trihalomethanes in drinking water.

A diluted solution of CDS is adequate for sanitizing water, air, and surfaces at levels up to 0.1 milligrams (mg) per cubic meter (m3). However, it is essential to follow the instructions for use and to avoid swallowing the solution, as it can be toxic at concentrations higher than 0.8 mg/L.

In addition, it is essential to remember that this product is not a treatment for COVID-19 or other types of illness. Unfortunately, the Department of Public Health has received reports that people are using diluted chlorine dioxide to “treat” or “prevent” COVID-19 or to purify water. The Department of Public Health strongly advises against this type of misuse and urges anyone unsure about a product’s safety and effectiveness to seek a professional opinion.

Many natural products and remedies are effective in the prevention or treatment of various illnesses, including COVID-19. They are available on the Internet, at homeopathic and natural medicine stores, in e-books, and on CDs. Some are based on ancient herbal medicine, while others combine different plants.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *