Are you a budding writer and writing the first draft of your book? Then you are on the right page. In this article, we have thoroughly explained the ten simple steps on how to publish a book. Writing a book is no cakewalk; it is a herculean task in this era of social media. The scope of writing is not restricted to unleashing the creative writing streak; it is a lot more than that. Editing, formatting, adding titles, designing book covers, taking feedback, finding a publishing house, and whatnot.
If you are ready to publish a book, then consider visiting Book Bolt. The online platform is a great source of help for the writer’s community. They help writers with KDP software for research, page designing, keywords, and many more. By applying Book Bolt Coupon Code, you can grab the best deals on your shopping.
Let us learn about the ten steps on how to publish a book.
Decide The Topic About Writing A Book
Shall I write about Thriller, Romance, Fantasy, or Horror? Confused right? It is very important to set your mind and decide what type of book you want to write. Another important thing is to ponder over the fact that why you have decided to write a book. Your why can be anything like:
- You want to write because you want to generate a passive source of income.
- You are a freelancer or business person trying to accelerate growth and dominance in the book publishing field.
- You are a successful writer or other individual and want to write about your journey, experiences, and lessons with the world.
The reasons mentioned earlier are justifiable for writing a book. Once you have found your way and the genre in which you will write, move ahead and start writing.
2. Edit The Draft Of Your writing
After completing the task of writing the draft of your book, start the process of editing. This is a very important stage in any kind of writing. People will form opinions about your books whether you are self-publishing or submitting your book to a publishing agency. If you have never edited a book, worry; no help is in your way in the form of self-editing apps. Some of the important ones are Grammarly, Prowritingaid, Scrivener, and Hemmingway.
Many online editing tips tell you how to edit major story elements like characters, plots, conflict, descriptions, and dialogues. You can also take the help of various online content that gives step-by-step guides to edit.
3. Get Feedbacks From Editors
Getting feedback is another crucial element of your writing journey. You can complete this task by either hiring an editor or through feedback from independent writers. Make sure you share your work from trusted sources. To get honest feedback on your work, you can tell participants to submit it anonymously.
Request them to give opinions on specifics like plots, pacing, characters, prose, and flow. You may also include a rating system to make the process more fun. Furthermore, with constructive feedback, ask them to put forward a solution.
The hundred-dollar question is where to find feedback on your manuscript:
- One of the simplest ways is to ask your friends and family’s opinion on your writing.
- If you are looking for more professional advice, visit Critique Circles, a fantastic place to get feedback. Here they provide feedback but also help you in improving your writing skills.
- You can also take help from Writing Communities. There are many online communities where you can become a member and get honest feedback from fellow writers.
- Many writers use beta readers to get detailed and candid feedback from people. To learn about the feedback community before using them.
4. Give Title To Your Manuscript
After completing the editing process, it’s time to give an apt title to your manuscript. Often after editing the manuscript, you feel the need to change the previous titles. This move helps you make your writing more professional. There are many applications present on the websites that give the perfect title to your book. Book title generator is one such application that gives many options of suitable titles. You can also take help from the post on choosing great book titles.
Choose a short, appealing title that instantly draws readers’ attention. Many bestselling authors use short titles that are easy to remember and are attention seekers.
.5. Before Publication, Format Your Book
Formatting is another important step in writing a book. It is like a process of adding final touches to your finished products. You can change chapter headings, aligned text, and page numbers. Professional formatting makes a good impression on publishers as well as on your readers. Use the manuscript formatting template for efficient formatting by plugging your text and sending the file.
If you solo publish a book, upload your work on any self-publishing platform. There are many more formatting options available in the form of:
- Free formatting software like the Reedsy Book Editor, Kindle Create, and Apple Pages.
- Choose a paid formatting option; some of the paid software is Vellum and Scrivener.
- Hire a professional typesetter great for formatting books.
6. Design a Book Cover That Makes Readers Read Your Book
A book cover is the USP of any book, so it must be diligently designed. The designing of a book cover unleashes the creative streak present within you. For making a fabulous book cover to allure your readers, keep these points in mind:
- The cover can be illustration, photo, or typography based, interesting enough to attract the reader’s eyeballs.
- Take the help of a professional cover designer with talent, experience, and industry knowledge.
7. Prepare A ‘Publisher-Ready’ Book Description
A book’s description is a gateway to the storyline and the most crucial selling point of any
book. So it must be short, crisp, to the point, and intriguing enough to convert prospects into buyers. Some of the key highlights of writing a good description:
- Give the most riveting headlines in the form of dramatic statements, quotes, or rave views, making readers invested immediately.
- Give a brief insight into the storyline without revealing much.
- End the description with a hint or question, absorbing readers in the description.
8. Prepare Plan For A Book Launch
You must prepare offhand plans for the best marketing strategy, as the first few days are a deal breaker. Start by selling your book by forming a team who will promote your book on railway stations or bus stands. Promote your book on social media platforms and share it as much as possible. Additionally, you can build your website and get book reviews from famous bloggers and target reviewers.
9. Publish Your Book On Online Platforms
The self-publishing of a book has become a very easy task with Amazon or with other retailers. Some of the important steps to needs to follow while publishing online book are:
- Enter the title of your book with a description, categories, or keywords.
- Upload your manuscript in EPUB file format.
- Include your book cover in JPG, TIFF, or PDF format.
- Add the cost of your book.
- Hit Publish icon
10. Follow Efficient Marketing Strategies
To increase the sale of your book, follow a well-planned marketing strategy. Do tours to promote your book, create blogs, and make the most of the price promotions. Further, take the help of third-party promotional services to increase the sale of your book.
Wrapping Up With Steps On How To Publish A Book
In this article, we have thoroughly explained ten steps on how to publish a book. Go through these steps and brace yourself for publishing your next writing piece.